TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving - you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government
of the United States.
U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
(click "new membership" for more information)
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application.
2. Return to: Adjutant American Legion Post 113
3436 Indiana Road
Rotonda West, FL 33947 .
3. Remember to include a copy of your DD-214
and a check for the annual dues of $55.00.
Any questions, please call the Post at 941-697-3616.
If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
COPY OF DD214 DISCHARGE
(click on for website)
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post
to our Post must submit the following:
1. Completed Member Data Form.
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
3. Copy of membership card.
4. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid.
5. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
For more information about eligibility
click the button below.